Sunday, November 29, 2015

It's Electric!

Woo! I have been slacking on the blog, but we have not been slacking on our work. Since the roof, we have focused on electric and plumbing. The electric is mostly finished, so I'll update you on that.
This is the mess we had to take out...lots of wire cutting.


I have a new appreciation for electricians, and I do not aspire to be one. However, it was so cool to learn! I also can't believe how much knowledge my dad has...it's truly impressive.

We had to drill holes through the studs in order to feed wire through the walls. It's a lot harder than it looks! Clearly I struggled at first....the drill was so stuck!



We fed lots of wire....including wire under the house(dirty job)! 










 I will never look at an outlet the same way again. The work is tedious and time consuming. I left a couple days with scraped, calloused fingers. Like I said, I have a new appreciation for electricians...
This is the GREATEST feeling! I would literally feel nervous before I plugged this tool in. Green felt great, but we did encounter some reds along the way. After some re-wiring most of the outlets are green!






We have some GFI outlets to finish (the kind of outlet that has a button, mostly in bathrooms). Once that is done, we will move onto the basement electric. However, this past weekend we took a break from electric and did some plumbing! A blog update will come soon! I promise I'll do better...

No comments:

Post a Comment